Connee's Days

Friday, February 10, 2012

Lots Of Fun And Very Busy





We have been so busy that I have got a little behind in my blogging.  While Mike's brother was here we went on a motorcycle ride to Pensacola, FL. 

First we went to the Navy Base to pick up Linda and Norm...they drove their car behind us on our trip.  We took some cool family pictures and mortocycle pictures there in the Live Oak Trees.







 We did the same thing quite a few years back, so it was a updated family picture.



Then we drove to Navarre Beach...that is one of Mike's and my favorite beaches.  We stopped and walked on the beach a little.  I looked funny walking in my motorcycle jacket and chaps..."yes, I said chaps", Maria brought a pair that I could wear.  I was kind of smirking at her for talking about wearing chaps but they were so nice and warm and comfortable, that I think I am going to buy a pair...hahahaha! 







     I found a handful of pretty shells......of  course!




Then we rode to Ft. Walton and stopped at What-A-Burger....yummy. 








We rode back to Pensacola and on to Gulf Shores....153 miles....a little longer then my bottom likes to ride.  Also, wouldn't you know I forgot my soft cycle pad.
The next day was rainy so of course the girls wanted to go to the Outlets.  We found some good buys...some girls found better buys than others....designer purses and sweaters, leather coats...red for me and I love it, cause I needed it....fancy underware, knives, knives, and more knives.  Also some Christmas presents...what fun. 

While we were doing the Outlets, the guys were making Seafood Gumbo Soup. 




Boy, was that hard and a long process....I'm glad we went shopping.


We had Seafood Gumbo, the next day in Pensacola at the Bowen's house.  I fixed potato soup and cornbread for those of us who didn't like gumbo.  Donna brought desert...cheesecakes.  Everyone was full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home