Connee's Days

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Still Settling In

After a wonderful evening and good night's rest, we woke up and I went out on the deck to look at the water.  It was so pretty, I had to take a picture. 


Just think, every morning will be like this everyday we are here.

Donna and Johnny came down to fourth floor and we were ready to go pick up a few things at the grocery store and Target. Afterwards, we went to lunch at Kitty's Cafe.



 We had a good Spinach Bacon Salad and Mike had Sausage Gumbo....yummy. 

We went looking at some of the fitness gyms in the area. 
The one at the condo was a disappointment. 



It only has two machines: a treadmill and a stationary bike and it is in a VERY Tiny Room. 

Some of the fitness centers were closed and we will have to check them out later...but we toured one and it is $3.00 a day...I think we are going to try it out tomorrow.

Donna had some Colossal shrimp and she made Shrimp Scampi and we got some strip steaks.  I cooked them on my new Cuisinart "five in one" grill.  I just love that grill...I brought it with me.  We also had boiled red potatoes, and a salad with veggies and boiled eggs.  I got out some of Carol's cookies for desert.  Good, healthy meal......well, kind of.
 
Mike actually went back to the Recreation Center and worked out...he liked the fitness area.  He said the pool is gigantic...but we have a pool, hot tub, steam room, and sauna at our condo.





 So we will just use the one here. 

Around 8:30pm, we went down to the pool and hot tub. 


They were both nice and warm...actually the hot tub was hot...just like I like it.  The chlorine was pretty strong and there seemed to be a slight fog in the room...it was kind of surreal...I liked it.  We were the only ones in the area.  It was great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home