Connee's Days

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Canning Pickles


My daughter Jewel and I are canning my first Mother-in-law's Wonderful 9 Day Sweet Pickle recipe.  I probably  haven't canned pickles in over 30 years.  Jewel got the pickles and then we went shopping for all the ingredients and cute little canning jars.  We are at the 4th day, second step right now, which meaning we are rinsing the pickles in cold water for three days.  Jewel will have to finish up after I leave for a vacation to California and the Pacific Coast.  She will have to do the actual canning.  We are planning on having 12 half quarts each, one for each month next year.  We also decided to do the Sun Dill Pickle recipe that my mother-in-law made.  It is an easy and great Dill Pickle...in fact the only homemade recipe that I like.  Today is their first of three days in the sun and guess what?...it is not sunny....it is cloudy!Hope it still works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home