Connee's Days

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our Ann Arbor Trip

When we got up today we discussed the things we could do and decided on a trip to Ann Arbor.  We wanted to go to Whole Foods and a movie.  Ann Arbor is about 45 minutes away from Blissfield.....so not a long drive.
Whole Foods is a cool store with just about every food you could want to buy. It is the world's largest retailer of natural and organic food.   It has lots of samples to try....I love the samples and they do make me want to buy the ones I like. 



 


I bought red rice, yellow split peas, some baked cheese curls, Sea Salt Lime Mexican Chips, Four Cheese Sourdough bread, and the wonderful Fruit Tarts...yum.  I also bought a Coconut Tropical Mango Drink...yuk, it was not good!  Donna and Johnny bought some things too.  I think some are going to be stocking stuffers for their kids.  Guess what they are!  I'm not telling.
When we got to Briarwood Mall we were surprised to find out that the movie theater was no longer there....guess we haven't been there for a while.  Anyway, we got directions and found where it had been moved.  We were thinking of watching Super Eight or Bad Teacher....Super Eight won because it was time for it to start right when we got there.  We got our big buckets of popcorn and large Cokes and tickets.  Instead of getting the Senior rate of $7.25, we had to pay $10.50 because the show was in the IMax Theater....darn!  It was a big screen and very loud.....didn't have any trouble hearing that!  Here are the Kids in the movie:

Everyone thought it was a good movie except me.  I thought it was a $2.00 Kid's movie.  I did kind of like the little Zombie movie the kids of the movie made!


Then we head for home and decided we had to eat leftovers so we could clean out the fridge and be able to put all the groceries away for the Hot Dog Dinner we were going to have on Sunday.  The girls and their kids will be coming, so we should have lots of hot dog eaters.
Johnny had my computer desk all done except for putting on one shelf...the keyboard pull out one and the backboard.  Mike finished that up....I got to hold the flashlight so he could see the predrilled holes on the dark board and I also got to put on the wood colored plastic covers for the screws.  Yeah, it is all done and waiting for the computer to come.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Kelly said…

    I'm guessing Donna got bananas and yogurt for Brent and Karen's stocking stuffers. Hope they're still good by Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home