Connee's Days

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Off To Tecumseh and Dundee Then To Toledo

We all slept in until 9:00am....I love to sleep in.....I guess it is because for 36 and 1/2 years I always had to be to work so early...and now I don't!  I decided to fix a small breakfast.  We needed to wait around for a expected phone call for Johnny and I need to package up some shirts of Mike's that I sold on eBay.  I hate to get rid of things...even Mike's things....that's why my house is so full.  Anyway, I was sorting clothing after our February flooded basement and checked on eBay to see what Ralph Lauren Men's shirts were selling for.....over $21.00...maybe that would make me want to get rid of some things....I would have eBay pocket money.  I love to have those little packages come in the mail for me.
By now I am thinking maybe we need a little more than Cherry Bread for breakfast...maybe add fried potatoes and sausage links....yes that sounds better!
We are getting a new computer....about time this one is old and so slow it is driving me crazy.  I found a computer desk that was small and would fit in the living room near the player piano.  Mike says he is a computer widower because I am always in the computer room...now I can be in the same room as him and still use my computer.
The desk came and it was all in a BIG heavy box....at least a million pieces.  Mike and I were just cringing and looking at the unopened box and wondering how it will ever get put together.  Mike prays a lot to Jesus when he has to do things like that.  Finally Johnny just walked over and started tearing open the box.  Before we left for the day, he had everything laid out on the floor and had looked over the BIG BOOK of directions...something like 28 steps!
Donna says if we are going to have fried potatoes and sausage that we may as well have eggs too...OK.
Then Mike says, "Where are the Grands Biscuits?"   I guess we should open up the Peach Butter too, then.  OK, not a small breakfast...a big breakfast is a good way to start the day!


Oh, I collect bears and like to decorate my house with them....do you see the 4th of July Bear Parade on my couch table behind Johnny?




Bethany called and said she was off today and was coming down.  She has been staying at the Lake and it was cool and rainy and cloudy. She decided to go with us for our day out.  First we had to go to Adrian to pick up some things....then off to Tecumseh, a nearby, cute little Town.  We stopped at the British Tea Garden...one of my favorite places that I haven't been to in a while.

It is a small place that has only about 14 tables.  A visit to the British Tea Garden wouldn’t be complete without a pot of tea. Your pampered experience begins with the selection of tea from their vast assortment. Your tea is then carefully steeped and served to you with all the proper tea accouterments. A fine china teapot, cup and saucer and tea strainer, all set the mood.
We each picked our teas, except the guys and all shared desserts- cream puffs and a Turtle Chocolate Lava Cake Yum, Yum.  I love all the tea pots, mugs and tea cups they sell there.  We all found our favorites.....even Bethany, she loved the Alice in Wonderland set.  But, we all kept control and didn't buy those lovely sets, cause as Johnny said, "Where would we put them?"
Then we went on to Dundee to the wonderful Cabela's Store...they have something for everyone.  However, Johnny and Donna had a mission...outfitting their new boat.  And they did a great job...everyone will be safe on the Cox Boat-it is unnamed as of now.
Check out this video:

By now we were getting a little hungry so we hopped in the car and headed to Toledo to Mike and Connee's FAVORITE restaurant....J Alexander's...the best steaks in the world.  Of course we are not allowed to go there without telling Kelly, so when we called her she said she would meet us there.  Jewel says it is an OK restaurant but certainly not her favorite.  We all ate our fill and then brought home big bags of leftover food for later. 
When we got home, Donna had some computer class work to do, Johnny got started on the computer desk, and I worked on my blog.  Then we all watched a little TV and went to bed.
The desk is coming along well.....Johnny is not pulling out his hair yet and he finished up on step 12....not done yet, but certainly getting there.




Isn't it looking great?
What a fun day we had...wish we could get together more often....

2 Comments:

  • At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Kelly said…

    Well, Johnny saved the day! I hate trying to put things together, too. Glad some people like it! Liked Johnny's "Where would you put them?" comment about the tea sets, too. Must be a family failing; we all love pretty little dust catchers!

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Kelly said…

    Well, Johnny saved the day! I hate trying to put things together, too. Glad some people like it! Liked Johnny's "Where would you put them?" comment about the tea sets, too. Must be a family failing; we all love pretty little dust catchers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home