Connee's Days

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Beach Walking & Exercising At The Fitness Center

I have more pictures to put in this post, but I think I will have to do them tomorrow.
I got up early this morning....quite a feat for me....to watch the sun rise and take pictures.  While I was waiting for the sun to get in just the right place, I noticed this lady right in front of the Condo, bending over and picking up lots of things.  Just yesterday a lady told me that lots of people were finding sand dollars this year.  After watching the lady some more, I was sure that was what she was doing.  I couldn't stand it, after I took the sunset pictures, I got dressed and went down to the water. 
Nooooooooooooooo, she wasn't picking up sand dollars, just shells.  There were lots of people out there shelling, so I walked down to the pier and picked up shells too.  Nothing spectacular but a few with natural holes in them.  I got to thinking maybe I could make sea shell charm bracelets with them for me and my daughters.  So I am going to start collecting them and see how many I can get.
Then I rushed back to the condo and put on my PJ's and jumped back in bed....oh boy, did I sleep good.
It seemed like I just got to sleep when Mike started waking me up, telling me it was time to go to the gym.  I grumbled a little, but I finally got dressed and got ready to go.  Then we noticed how beautiful and sunny it was outside, and I called my sister and asked her if she wanted to sun tan a little before we went to the gym.  Oh, how wonderful that felt.
Finally we headed over to the gym, Mike and me and Donna and Johnny. 
Gulf Shores Recreation Center
We have decided to get the quarterly passes....it is only $3.00 each a day, but since we want to go 3 or 4 times a week, we can save some money.  We all did our workouts....then we went to get a little snack at Zaxby's Real Chicken.  We got 5 tiny strips and Johnny and Donna got just a few wing drumsticks.  Then we took the my sister and her husband back to the condo and we went to Books-a-Million.  I like to read magazines there and Mike needed some new books.
After that we went to the grocery store and stocked up on some things and got meat to make Bar-B-Que for when my other sister and her husband gets here tomorrow.  They are coming from Delaware. We are really looking forward to them getting here.  I know they are going to love it down here.  Wouldn't it be great if next year they get a condo here at Gulf Shores while Donna and I are here?
Today it is Donna's turn to make dinner.........she made a wonderful Broccoli Salad...Yum, Yum.  Then she made bean soup with cornbread...Yum, Yum again.  Then our surprise was that we each got some homemade cookies....(we are all dieting).  We watched the football game a little up in Donna's condo and then we decided we better go home to our condo.  I was getting pretty tired and thought I would take a bath.  After I got to fourth floor, I remembered we had a hot tub downstairs and that would probably feel much better on my aching body than a bath.  We quickly got on our suits and went right down....oh my, that was wonderful.
I was on Face Book a little and noticed my daughter Kelly was on.  We talked a little and then I decided to call her.  It was good to talk to her.  I have talked to my other daughter this week too.  I miss them and the grand kids....wish they could come down and visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home